Dutchman Tree Farms is a Christmas tree farm located in beautiful Northern Michigan. Family-owned and operated by Joel and Gale Hoekwater and Chris and Sarah Maciborski (pictured). Joel and Sarah’s Grandpa John Vanderweide planted the first tree, a scotch pine, on the farm in 1960. Now this growing farm and family has its 5th generation working on the farm, growing the Christmas spirit with every tree.
The "Dutchman" Steve Vanderweide began selling his father's Scotch Pine, at the Atlanta Farmers Market in 1972. Over the past 48 years, Dutchman Tree Farms has evolved to meet the demands of a changing market.
Dutchman Tree Farms offers a variety of products to meet your needs. Our knowledgeable workforce is dedicated to all aspects of growing trees and ensuring quality products and services. We offer:
- 9 varieties of cut Christmas trees in sizes ranging from 3 feet to 50 feet
- 7 species of container grown evergreen stock
- 7 species of field-dug fiber pot and balled and burlap trees
- Several retail lot accessories
- A variety of wreaths, roping and other Christmas greenery